UCS Y-wings

Another belated post - back in early December, I took apart both of the UCS Y-wings: 10134 which I've owned from new since 2004 and 75181 from 2018.





Back in 2004, I remember being slightly disappointed with the Y-wing: it was my second Lego Star Wars set after the incomparable 10030 and it didn't quite measure up in terms of scale and scope.  However, revisiting it now, I think it really holds up and delivers tons of detail for its part count.  The only bit that I still hate is threading all of the short bits of tubing onto the white 12l axles.  

75181 is, of course, better detailed and takes advantage of 14 years of new Lego parts.  That said, I'd be hard pressed now to separate them in terms of which I like the best.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars M&M Mosaic

Lego Colours

Han Solo on his Tauntaun