Last of the Star Wars UCS

A big day in the Lego Star Wars collection... today I took delivery of the last of the UCS sets that I didn't previously own.  In fact, barring a couple of really rare minifigs (e.g. the chrome C-3PO), my collection is now as complete as I intend it to be!

What came?  Vader's TIE Advanced (10175) arrived from Ebay.  I am not going to say how much I paid for this but it was definitely the most I've shelled out for a second hand set (though less than the most expensive ones you can buy from Lego today).  I rationalised it as ok because it was being sold by a charity so I've contributed to something useful.

The set came really well packaged with box and instructions in good condition.  And the set itself is in really tip-top condition, albeit with 6 pieces in old light grey rather than new LBG (all replaced from spares) and a plate substitution (again sorted from spares).  And, while it was a bit dusty, I was able to clean as I built so it was a pretty pleasing process to get this from box to built.


Was it worth it?  Well, given the rarity, probably yes.  Do I like it?  Definitely yes - this one ranks up with the better UCS sets as it is exactly what the series is about - large scale, detailed versions of favourite Star Wars ships.   

[Actually, it's not the last of the UCS sets I have to build... I still have the Assault on Hoth, which was infamously classed as a UCS set but is not, under any circumstances... more on that one in a week or so.]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars M&M Mosaic

Lego Colours

Han Solo on his Tauntaun