Minibuilds

I'm going to have to eat my words from Monday because today my copy of the new R2 set turned up... with a Tatooine minibuild in it!  Not that this showed up on my order or anything and a copy from Ebay turned up too which is now going into the long-term store for value creation.  

Also arrived today was my ebay purchase of 10019 - the last of the rebel blockade runners to add to my collection but that has been cleaned and sorted today and will be built tomorrow.  

I finished off the evening with a quick build of the Tatooine homestead (40451) which I have to say is my favourite of these SNOT scenes so far.  I like the use of slopes to create some hills in the background and it's clever the way it switches to plates for the homestead section.  You get some unique printed tiles and the corner 2x2 arches were new to my collection.  Overall, I'm therefore pretty pleased.


 I was hoping to compare this to the Tatooine mini-build from 2015 (CELEB2015) of which I think I have two copies but I couldn't find either of them easily accessible on the shelves... but its safe to say that this one is better!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars M&M Mosaic

Lego Colours

Han Solo on his Tauntaun