More deconstruction

A few more sets have now been deconstructed and this includes a few that feature in my "bottom 10" list or very close.

The first set is the First Order Heavy Scout Walker (75177).  Wookiepedia tells me what I already suspected: this is a vehicle (otherwise known as the All-terrain heavy scout or AT-HS) which never made it to screen and there's not surprise there: it's really ugly and totally ridiculous.  It reminds me of some sort of nodding donkey.  The way the legs move as the wheels turn is vaguely clever but otherwise, I could totally leave this set.

Next up is the Sith Nightspeeder (7957), which is from the big face period of Lego Star Wars.  It's from the Clone Wars cartoon, and it shows.  Leave it.

Third is the Magna Guard Starfighter (7673) from 2008.  Not bad for its time but not my favourite set.  Perhaps jaded by the fact that my version was a bit tatty and I made the mistake of buying without the minifigs, which meant I had to purchase those separately (and expensively).

The final set is the Death Star Escape (75229) which is actually quite good.  329 parts but packs a reasonable amount of playability in and looks good too.  

Some photos:







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars M&M Mosaic

Lego Colours

Han Solo on his Tauntaun