Endor

Today's deconstruction is the Battle of Endor (8038).  This was a set that was pretty hard to get hold of with all the individual bits included - with 12 minifigs and 5 ancillary elements more versions I saw had something missing. And those that didn't were typically very expensive.  I eventually lucked out by finding a super dusty version for sale.  Apart from the grim task of getting rid some someone else's dirt, I have typically found these to be a reasonable bet as it indicates a set that has been built and displayed, rather than being played with/damaged.

The only risk is sun damage but I couldn't see any sign and it turned out ok in the end.  

This was a 2009 set but feels like it could have been from a bit earlier, if I'm very honest: most of the set is pretty straightforward in design.  That said, it's very effective.  The main shield base has all the right detailing and some good play features (moving doors are a must but the exploding walls are also pretty good).  I also really like the AT-ST: it's a definite improvement on earlier versions and packs in great detail for its size. 

So, all in all, I can see why this set is so valued.  


 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars M&M Mosaic

Lego Colours

Han Solo on his Tauntaun