Colourful spaceships!

A more recent film franchise that I have also taken quite a liking to is the MCU.  In particular, I really like the two Guardians of the Galaxy films, with their great soundtracks, irreverant humour and sci-fi setting.  I've often planned to go back and purchase the Guardians Lego sets but never got around to it (too busy with Star Wars).

Anyway, bonus day came at the end of March so I went on Ebay and picked up 76021 - The Milano Spaceship Rescue.  This is a relevation!  My wife has always teased me that my lego is basically grey and that this is such a shame given the range of colours out there (see my colour chart for a good indication).  The Milano has some bits of grey in it but the dominant colours are blue and bright light orange, making it much more interesting.  With the flat silver panels, you also get some sparkliness.  

Clearly, this reflects the underlying ethos of the MCU vs Star Wars: the former has its origins in colourful comics whereas the latter is intended to inhabit a well-worn, realistic sci-fi universe.  The latter is clearly going to lead to more greys and browns.

Anyway, the Milano was a relatively quick build experience - the Sakaaran fighter comes first and, being small, doesn't take long.  Then on to the Milano, with the early stages building the central cockpit.  Book 2 takes you to the wings which are pretty much identical and I did them together (I usually do this for symmetric stuff).  Here's the finished product:

Watch out for more Guardian's sets! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars M&M Mosaic

Lego Colours

Han Solo on his Tauntaun