Storage systems

Rebrickable tells me that I have 376,313 parts.  Today, that is.  I've not loaded in the 2022 sets that I've got sitting waiting for some shelf space to be created before I build them.  And of course I'm not going to stop buying for now at least.

So, how to store all of this plastic?  

Obviously, over half is still built up (my spreadsheet tells me that I'm 38% through the grand deconstruction effort) but I want to be able to find parts again in the future.  I've always gone for the ziplock plastic bags to store parts in and fortunately years of bricklink purchases have given me quite a stock of these.  Generally speaking, I now split down by part type AND colour, except where I only own a few of a combination.  That's nearly 13,000 part/colour combinations, apparently.

So, how to store these?  My original solution was a combination of Really Useful boxes and some strong cardboard boxes from Ikea.  However, they were quite expensive.  I've recently therefore gone for shoeboxes from Ebay - and a mix of cardboard and plastic ones at that.  Seems to be working... though perhaps the mix of different box types isn't the most attractive.

Here's a photo (there are other boxes on the wall I'm taking the photo from). 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars M&M Mosaic

Lego Colours

Han Solo on his Tauntaun