Mid sized star destroyers

Having created shelf space with the deconstruction of the Slave Is, I've spent much of the last week sorting bricks and rejigging my storage.  I'm in fact almost at the point where I have enough shelf space to contemplate building sets in anger again - I must have 10 sets still to build as I've barely started on the 2022 releases and still have several left over from last year.

To help create space, I'm going to take apart my remaining mid-sized star destroyers.  I've written about the two UCS sets here when I took those down. I thought I'd already posted about 6211 and 75055 and didn't write about them when I deconstructed them a few weeks back.  In an oversight, I didn't even taken any photos!  To be fair, while both are pretty good playsets, I don't love either.  Not really sure why but I just found them bland.  And 6211, while looking ok for its time, feels really flimsy. 

So, on to today's deconstruction: the First Order Star Destroyer (75190).  At 1416 parts, I think this is just the most of any of the equivalent sets but only fractionally so.  It follows what is now a standard bifolding wing approach to get to the interior of what is essentially a playset.  However, when not opened up, I think this one looks pretty good from the outside - there is limited compromise that would suggest its inner playset nature (I think this is probably where both 6211 an 75055 fall down).  

Inside there is plenty of detail with control panels in all corners, a conference table and a little area for a Snoke minifig.  Given I had this one second hand, the stickers have also been applied and they do add colour and detail.  All good stuff.

This one feels really solid too, which is interesting given its relatively minimalist internal structure.  So, a like from me, though still not a top like..



 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars M&M Mosaic

Lego Colours

Han Solo on his Tauntaun