Brickheadz

New sets released today - and on order.  But in the meantime, I've taken delivery of a load more plastic boxes to store all my deconstructed parts in and am continuing with the grand deconstruct: after 6 months though, I'm still only 31% of the way through the collection!  Hmm

Yesterday, I started on my box of cube dudes and Brickheadz.  The cube dudes are clearly a forerunner of the brick head, sharing quite a few design features.  The dudes are, however, based on a 3x3 plan and are pretty fragile whereas the the 'headz are 4x4, plus generally two plates worth of detailing around the head.  And are much much more sturdy.

At the time of writing, there are I think 18 Brickheadz out there with a 19th (Ahsoka Tano) to be released soon:

  • 41485: Finn
  • 41486: Captain Phasma
  • 41489: Rey and Kylo Ren (also released as singles)
  • 41498: Boba Fett and Han Solo in carbonite (I own a mint version of this set and it's one of the very few I will never build to retain its value)
  • 41608: Han Solo
  • 41609: Chewbacca
  • 41619: Darth Vader
  • 41620: Stormtrooper
  • 41627: Luke Skywalker and Yoda
  • 41628: Princess Leia Organa
  • 41629: Boba Fett 
  • 75232: Kylo Ren and Sith Trooper
  • 75317: The Mandalorian and the Child

I also have a MOC of Ahsoka Tano which I'm waiting to compare to the official version.

If I have a favourite, it would probably be the standalone Boba Fett, though the Kylo Ren is a close second.  Captain Phasma is my least favourite, though that's wrapped up with the fact that this one came somewhat sun damaged when I finally got my hands on a copy.

They're all good, though!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars M&M Mosaic

Lego Colours

Han Solo on his Tauntaun