Deconstruction

Well, it's been a while since I posted anything but I've been busy doing enough deconstructions to move all Lego off the floor of my study before I turned the underfloor heating on.  My spreadsheet tells me that I'm 24% of the way through the whole lot so after 5 months, I had better revise my estimate on how long it will take me to get all the way there.  One other thing I need to revise is my estimate on how many boxes and ziplock bags I'm going to need... I bought 50 cardboard shoeboxes (the ones with pull out drawers) but over 30 of them are already full, in addition to the Really Useful and Ikea boxes I already had.  Hmm.

Anyway, what's been deconstructed that I've not already blogged about... first off was the majority of the Droid fighters, including:

  • Droid fighter 7111
  • Vulture droid from 7660
  • Vulture droid 7751
  • Vulture droid 75041
  • Hyena droid bomber 8016

The only one of this ilk still made up is the 2005 vulture droid from 75256.  These aren't my favourite of the Lego SW sets.  Here's a photo:

Next up was the Twilight - set 7680 from 2008.  It's horribly ugly as a ship but as a playset it's got quite a few nice features.  Sadly, my version came with the wrong 6l bars (should have been the 6.6l) but it was otherwise in excellent condition.  You also get a Rotta. 

I wanted to create lots of shelf space so the AT-TEs were a natural target.  I've blogged about a few of them but I've had 75019 in my collection for ages.  What I hadn't realised is that it is so much smaller than 7675, which is definitely the biggest of them all.

Moving on, I took apart the 20th anniversary clone scout walker (75261).  An ok set, it comes with a spider droid and a little gun emplacement.  

Last up was the set of AT-AP walkers: 7671 (2008), 75043 (2014) and 75234 (2019).  While the overall construction of the 2019 version is clearly the most advanced, I was surprised that the 2014 one was the largest and, in fact, my favourite.  







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars M&M Mosaic

Lego Colours

Han Solo on his Tauntaun