Republic tanks

I have boringly spent much of the weekend sorting out parts into ziplock bags - it turns out that it takes a good couple of hours to sort out and file a big box of even type-sorted bricks!  However, I did deconstruct a number of Hoth sets - though they all merge into one.  Assualt on Hoth, Hoth Attack, Battle of Hoth, Echo Base, Hoth Echo Base, Hoth Rebel Base, Hoth Medical Chamber...

As I've said before, someone at Lego must really love all those white Hoth bricks.  

Anyway, to the topic of today's deconstruction: the two Republic Fighter Tanks: 7679 from way back in 2008 and 75182 from 2017.  The earlier set is far bigger, weighing in at 592 bricks and almost twice the size in all dimensions.  However, I was surprised to find that the smaller set packs 305 bricks into such a small set - it's remarkable robust.  

Both feature a relatively SNOT design and both, in my view, are pretty elegant.  You get better minifigs with the more recent version but for sheer playability the older, larger set wins hands down.  The driver sits on a pop up seat (accessed through a nice rear hatch, you have storage bins in the front "wings" and flip over missile bays.  Plus, as I was deconstructing, I remembered that the engine cowl folds open.  

Both a pretty high in my estimation but 7679 pips it for me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars M&M Mosaic

Lego Colours

Han Solo on his Tauntaun