Hailfire Droid

It's been a while since I blogged anything here - mainly because I was away for 3 of the last 4 weeks but also because once the Grand Work was done, I've spent time doing bits and pieces of Lego tidying and deconstruction.  Not very exciting!  

Yesterday, on my return from travels, I did put in my order to Lego for the summer release sets so will be blogging some more when they arrive and I get around to building them. Especially looking forward to the UCS gunship.

The next thing on the list, though, is the grand deconstruct.  I have something like 300,000+ bricks built up in sets and they all need to be put away, sorted into the little ziplock bags and then into my storage system.  I reckon that's going to take me the best part of a year - probably around 1000 bricks a day is manageable.  I'll blog about some of the sets that I built early as I go...

The first is the 2003 Hailfire Droid (4481) which was, I think, the last of the "technic" Star Wars sets.  The set has a load of pretty rare parts to it, including a load of brown and light pearl grey beams that only came in this set.  And of course, the two giant gear wheels which are totally unique.

I have to say that I really liked these technic Star Wars sets - they often combined real ingenuity along with nice looking builds - and this is possibly the best of them (ok, the battle droid is also really excellent).  Being a droid, technic is well suited to replicating the movie original:

From memory, the build was also really fun. 

So, 10 out of 10 for this... though Anio's version is probably better.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars M&M Mosaic

Lego Colours

Han Solo on his Tauntaun