Buildable figures

Back in 2015, Lego tried something new with Star Wars - a mash up with action man!  The buildable figure was born with Jango Fett the first out of the box.  Over the next 4 years, 29 sets in total were released before Lego gave up and admitted that these weren't all that popular.  2019 initially had some more figures on the set runway but they were canned.

I was never an action man child - I did own a second hand one from somewhere which moved its eyes creepily from side to side with a toggle on the back of the head.  So I was never going to be a natural fan of the buildable figures.  Back in 2016, I did buy the first Rey figure and was duly pretty disappointed.  Until I decided to collect every Lego Star Wars set ever, that was my one and only purchase.

However, having since collected all the figures, I find myself slightly going back on my initial distaste.  The Rey figure remains a low point in the series and a couple of them are actually pretty good.  My all time favourite is K-2SO (75120): partly because its a set of a spindly robot, it works really well.  This might even appear low in my top 10 list of Star Wars sets but I'm still pondering that.  I also like the second Darth Vader figure (75534).  The General Grievous figure (75112) also works well.

On the downside, the list price was typically £20 (with a few considerably more expensive) for only 80-150 parts, which is pretty poor.  Lego might argue that some of these are quite big parts and yes, there are always unique heads and often special printed panels.  But I could never quite bring myself to view these as good value for money.  

While I picked up many of them for less than £10, some of the sets are now pretty hard to get, presuably due to relatively limited runs.  The Range Trooper and second Darth Vader figure were the last to arrive and Chewbacca (another reasonably good set) was also hard to find.  

Anyway, these are now all deconstructed and sorted away into ziplock bags.  I did debate whether to sort each set into its own bag but eventually decided to sort by part type.  I'll probably regret that at some point in the future!  

Photos of all of them:







And here's the full list of all of them
  • 75107: Jango Fett
  • 75108: Clone Commander Cody
  • 75109: Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • 75110: Luke Skywalker
  • 75111: Darth Vader
  • 75112: General Grievous
  • 75113: Rey
  • 75114: First Order Stormtrooper
  • 75115: Poe Dameron
  • 75116: Finn
  • 75117: Kylo Ren
  • 75118: Captain Phasma
  • 75119: Sergeant Jyn Erso
  • 75120: K-2SO
  • 75121: Imperial Death Trooper
  • 75523: Scarif Stormtrooper
  • 75524: Chirrut ÃŽmwe
  • 75525: Baze Malbus
  • 75526: Elite TIE Fighter Pilot
  • 75528: Rey
  • 75529: Elite Praetorian Guard
  • 75530: Chewbacca
  • 75531: Stormtrooper Commander
  • 75532: Scout Trooper & Speeder Bike
  • 75533: Boba Fett
  • 75534: Darth Vader
  • 75535: Han Solo
  • 75536: Range Trooper
  • 75537: Darth Maul

I could have sworn I also took a photo of the two Darth Vader figures along with the much older technic version, which is probably 20% bigger again.  However, it's not there on my phone and I am definitely not rebuilding the figures just for a photo.  I like the old technic set but I do prefer 75534.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars M&M Mosaic

Lego Colours

Han Solo on his Tauntaun