A week of building

Well, this is the longest I've gone without posting since I started this blog! I had a very busy week with work and, being back in the office, had a couple of nights out seeing friends and colleagues.  All excuses!

Anyway, I spent some days building the Mercedes Benz Arocs technic set up but have found time for a couple of Star Wars builds.  The first was an old one: Hoth Echo Base (7879) from way back in 2011.  I amazingly picked up a BNIB version for a very reasonable price.  The set is nothing to write home about, in my humble opinion - basically just the base with a few play features and some reasonable minifigs.  

The second set I managed was the 2021 Luke Skywalker x-wing (75301).  I liked this one much better - as well as a number of parts that were new to my collection, I also think that this fills a niche really well.  Most of the x-wings in recent years have had more parts, more detail and been twice the price.  This one delivers pretty much everything you would want from a playset at a much more affordable price.  Plus some nice minifigs.  A much better overall set and an enjoyable 45 min build.


 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars M&M Mosaic

Lego Colours

Han Solo on his Tauntaun