2020 Promos

Tonight I took the wife out for dinner - important to get away from the Lego from time to time! - and hence building was limited.

However, I did manage to find time to build up one of the two very limited release sets from last year that I missed and had to purchase from ebay: Yoda's lightsaber. At only 140, mostly fairly common parts, you're really paying for the box and the limited edition printed tile.  

Rebrickable has had a large range of lightsaber MOCs over the years so it was only a matter of time before Lego decided to release one of their own.  This is small, totally within keeping of the MOCs and I would have been very happy to get this free.  I'm slightly peeved at the price I had to pay because I was too late to the party on Lego.com.  And I think this is one of those rare sets where I will be putting it straight back in the box and pretenting I never opened it.

Yesterday, I started on the last of my big technic sets but I also found a bit of time to build the other pretty rare promo set: the Bespin Duel (75294) which was only released in the US and Canada.  I was very tempted not to build this one at all but decided it will keep its second hand value.  I like the aesthetics of this set and it's much better than the other versions of this (e.g. the two Cloud City sets).  I also like the Luke minifig, though I was very tempted to mutilate it by taking out the right hand.  

Finally, I also built up the AAT microfighter (75029) which was a super-quick build and didn't take my breath away.  Perhaps I'm just getting a bit jaded - I'm down to just 6 sets out of nearly 900 left to build and I'm looking forward to a few months off building (I'll be deconstructing and sorting instead!).


 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars M&M Mosaic

Lego Colours

Han Solo on his Tauntaun