UCS Rebel Blockade Runner

Friday night and back to the Lego... today I finished off the Tantive IV aka Blockade Runner (10019) from way back in 2001, which arrived courtesy yesterday of an ebay deal.  I've learned to set my expectations low for older sets on ebay and this one was clearly a rebuild as it was missing instructions and box.  However, that helped with the price and what I ended up with was a set in pretty much perfect condition - barely even any dust and minimal yellowing!  

To be fair, the stickers are new replacements but everything else is colour perfect so whoever got this must have picked up a near-complete bargain and then finished it off. 

It took me about 2.5 hours to build - less time than I expected.  It's clearly a set of its time but has some really nice design features.  It is also massive.  I was expecting it to be bigger than the other two more recent versions of this ship but not quite so much bigger.  



And here's a comparison to the other Tantive IVs:

It's not that much longer but otherwise it's just much more bulky all around.  I've never actually compared the 2009 and 2019 versions head to head and I found I liked the latter much more, though the 2009 version stood up quite well by itself.  However, I really have to say that the original still stands up 20 years later and must have been awesome at the time it was released.  Fair play to Lego!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars M&M Mosaic

Lego Colours

Han Solo on his Tauntaun