Heads

Yesterday evening was spent in the car so I didn't have a chance to post on the quick lunchtime build... the First Order Stormtroooper brick sketch (40391).  This is the second brick sketch and I bought both almost straight away; I built the BB8 very quickly but this one ended up at the back of the shelf and only came out when I was looking for something I could build in my lunch hour.  

I know this took less than 12 mins because that's how long my pasty was in the oven for and I finished this by the time the timer went off so it wasn't a long build.  Firstly, I was surprised by the number of hidden tiles in there.  Secondly, I liked the layers.  In summary, it was a satisfying little build and quite different to the average Star Wars build.

Today's build was in a very similar vein - the Scout Trooper (75305) from the helmet collection.  I was now looking for something that wasn't going to fall apart when it gets transported back in the car on Sunday and the helmets have tended to be quite robust.

That said, this one was actually the least robust helmet to date - I even managed to break it about half way through, knocking off the lower back section.  It's the cheapest of the helmets with a significantly lower number of parts, none of which were particularly rare or novel.  As such, I don't think this set is going to become a classic but equally it isn't bad.  

As I'm not going to get to build tomorrow, I also build up the free ice skating rink (40416) that I got back at Christmas... and I enjoyed that more than the helmet.  Hmm...
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars M&M Mosaic

Lego Colours

Han Solo on his Tauntaun