Latest builds

I'm working my way back through some of my new sets to build at the moment.  Today's first build was the Easter Bunny Carrot House (40449) which arrived free with some sets I bought the other week.  I really quite liked this set - it's cute but is very nicely proportioned and has some interesting pieces (this is the first time I've found a 2x6 tile in a set!).  I have sent some photos to my 7yr old niece who will be jealous until I deliver her copy to her later in the month when we're allowed to visit.


Next up this evening in the quick build, it was back to topic with the Resistance Y-wing microfighter (75263).  I don't normally love the microfighters but this one is better than most.  I had a copy of this set for ages but gave it away to a friend in need of distraction (along with some gin) and it took me a while to find another copy. 

Finally, yesterday's build was the AT-ST Raider (75254) from back in 2019.  Again, this has been on the shelf for ages but I was looking for a medium length build before going back to do some more work.  This actually took me longer than I expected as there was a surprising number of pieces and when I started to expect symmetry, I was foxed.  So I did it page by page and that took me a bit longer.  The resulting model must be the most detailed AT-ST from Lego, even including the UCS version (which is just big, not very detailed).  I was also sorely tempted to break my rule and apply the stickers because I think they will almost certainly enhance it.  





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars M&M Mosaic

Lego Colours

Han Solo on his Tauntaun