Last of the Falcons

I ended up working most of my Sunday and did another 13 hours at my desk today but have squeezed some time for what turned out to be a not-so-quick build.  Ok so it's over 1,300 parts but I was surprised at how long it took me to build up the 2015 edition of the Millennium Falcon (75105).



While I have a BNISB copy of this in my stockpile, this particular version was a rebuild from parts and on building it up I found I was still missing a few pieces (the eagle-eyed reader will spot one replacement and I'm missing a printed tile and a silver blaster).  As usual when getting parts from the boxes, I made a number of picking errors and had to go back a number of times - I blame that for being a bit slow on this build.  

As noted in the title, this is now the last of the Falcons to build up... at least the minifig scale ones (I've got a microfighter from this year to go). The rest are all on the shelves in varying degrees of inaccessibility so I've taken some really bad photos of them.

This photo shows the 2000 version (7190) with its bespoke top plates and the 2018 Kessel Run edition (75188):


 The 2003 archetype for all the subsequent sets (4504) and the slightly sun-damaged second hand 2011 version (7965) are in this photo (both hiding at the back):

And finally the 2019 version (75257) with its much smoother top plates is here:

I like the 2000 edition for its quirkiness and the 2019 version for its increasing sophistication.  This one falls in the cracks in between and is very fine but not a stand-out version in hindsight.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars M&M Mosaic

Lego Colours

Han Solo on his Tauntaun