V-wing

In order to track my Lego collection, I generally use Rebrickable but this isn't so useful for working out which sets I'm missing.  For that, I fall back on trusty Excel which is my day-to-day workhorse tool for just about everything.  However, occasionally, mistakes creep in and I discovered that I had logged the Imperial V-wing (7915) as owned in the spreadsheet when that wasn't true.  However, this was quickly and cheaply remedied via Ebay and the set duly arrived today.

After a clean and replacement of 6 chewed plates from spares, what emerged wasn't too bad, though the main sticker on the front wing is missing.  I can live with that, though, as I generally don't apply my own stickers anyway.

I'm struggling to recollect this from the cannon films but the internet tells me that they appeared in Revenge of the Sith... I'll have to look out for them next time I watch the film (though the prequel trilogy aren't my go-tos).  

Anyway, the Lego set is simple but elegant.  I definitely prefer this version to the older 6205 and probably also the later 75039.  Both the minifigs are interesting and unique to this set.  I don't believe there's another pearl grey astromech and the open helmet for the pilot is also not something I recognise.  

So, generally happy with this.

Also arrived today was a very dusty 2013 Republic Gunship so that's the rest of my evening gone cleaning...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars M&M Mosaic

Lego Colours

Han Solo on his Tauntaun