The slow journey to a BARC speeder

Finally, after months of daily ebay alerts, I finally managed to purchase a copy of the BARC speeder with sidecar (75012) at a price I didn't consider to be too outrageous.  For the record, I paid £65... though I think I got it a bit cheap as it was missing one of the droids.  I knew I had a spare one of those lying around so I wasn't too bothered by this.

So, why is this set so expensive?  I have no real idea as there seem to be plenty of copies for sale.  The reason appears to be this bad boy:

This Captain Rex is exclusive to the set and seems to command a price tag of £40 or so all to himself.  In fact, any Captain Rex seems to be ridiculously expensive - I recently got the correct head for one of the other versions and that set me back quite a bit.  

The Obi Wan minifig is also unique but seemingly less desirable.  

Otherwise, this set comes with lots of stickers (all intact on this version) and I like the sidecar but otherwise, I reckon it's pretty unremarkable and was quite expensive for the number of pieces back in the day.  Glad I won't be getting the alerts anymore but not that fussed by the set.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars M&M Mosaic

Lego Colours

Han Solo on his Tauntaun