The Phantom (1)

Today's build was a nice quick one - the Phantom (75048) from 2014.  This was one of the early sets I bought from Ebay, as I started coming fully out of the dark ages, though I made the mistake of buying it without minifigs and had to collect these separately.  I'm still missing the unique helmet for Ezra.


It's a nice little set with some unusual bright-light orange detailing.  I initially thought I'd picked the wrong colours out of the store!  As usual for the Rebels sets, I don't know much about it - I really need to explore this side of the Star Wars non-canon.  

Of course, the main thing about this set is that it pairs with the Ghost (75053)... which I wrote about a few months back.  Of course, I had to join the two together and I think they look really good as a pair.

The Ghost looked a bit incomplete but I really like the joint set.

One of the next builds now has to be the more recent version of the Phantom for a proper comparison.

While I'm writing, I also built up Rey's Speeder (75099) the other day. 

I loved this set when it came out and I still do.  The colours are great, the detailing is nicely done and the overall design works really well.  While it's a small set, for its price point, it was great and it gets 10/10 from me.  

I also liked the "little car" which was another Daily Mail freebie, I think - it reminds me a bit of the 1980s cars that I used to admire. I've built up a number of other freebies over the last few days, including the Gingerbread House and Snowglobe Christmas exclusive sets when you spend enough from the Lego website.  Here's a photo of some of them:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars M&M Mosaic

Lego Colours

Han Solo on his Tauntaun