Return of the AT-AT

I am on an AT-AT roll at the moment... having built the 2014 75054 a few weeks ago and with the motorised UCS set and the 2021 set both ready and primed to be built, yesterday I took delivery of the original minifig-scale AT-AT from 2003.  Set 4483 is, to be fair, the architype and remains pretty awesome to this day.

Yes, it's in old colours; yes, the sides don't join up as well as they do on more recent models.  But weighing in at 1070 pieces, it's got as much detail as any of the newer sets (indeed much more than the slightly disappointing 2010 version and the UCS set which focusses on the motor) and it has the printed dishes at all the leg joints.  

The version I picked up for a total bargain (less than the original purchase price!) is in near mint condition, with just 3 pieces missing (one immediately replaced from stocks) and only one with any noticeable yellowing.

It took my a satisfying 90 mins to build and this is a pleasing addition to the collection.  Once I've built all of the AT-ATs, I'll do a full comparison.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars M&M Mosaic

Lego Colours

Han Solo on his Tauntaun