Republic AV-7 Anti-Vehicle Cannon

Another delivery from Ebay arrived today, with one of the rarer sets: the 2014 Republic AV-7 Anti-Vehicle Cannon (75045).  Possibly one of the most convoluted lego set titles!  

I've been searching for this one for some months so I took the opportunity to buy this one even though I knew it wasn't quite complete: I'm missing the body and legs for one of the Wolfpack Clone Troopers, which is probably why I got the set at a not extortionate price. You also get a unique Plo Koon minifig and a droideka.  I think the set may also have been quite a limited release which probably adds to the rarity and therefore cost. 

The cannon itself was a nice build, though unusually I found quite a few bricks with split sides (!) which needed to be replaced from spares as I went.  I like the way the designer did the rounded central section - I think this works well.  The articulation of the legs is nice and the cannon barrel is pretty nicely designed.  My one quibble is that the up/down articulation on the cannon is very limited by the axle you turn to move it!  This feels like a poor overall piece of design.  

That said, it's not a common type of set so was fun to build.  7 out of 10 from me.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars M&M Mosaic

Lego Colours

Han Solo on his Tauntaun