Random builds

It's been a few days since I posted anything, because I've spent the time doing c.1,000 picks ready for building up some more old sets (I've got 176 to go).  However, I've squeezed in a few minutes to build a couple of sets in recent days.

Firstly, I built the Amelia Earhart Tribute freebie set (40450) that came with a recent purchase. 


This is the first set in a while where I was super tempted to apply the stickers.  The build was simple but enjoyable with some really nice design especially in the main fuselage of the plane.  There is also a unique part/colour in the propellers.  

The second set is back to topic with the Range Trooper (75536) from 2018.  I've never generally been a fan of the buildable figures and this one continued to not excite me.  There are a few parts in here that I don't have elsewhere (e.g. the "toa okoto" armour piece) and you get some furry cloth pieces but otherwise this gets nothing much more than a 5 out of 10.

Interestingly, I've spotted that the official Lego photo seems to have lopsided application of the toa okoto pieces on the legs!  

Finally, some weeks back I built up the minifig scale version of Krennic's Imperial Shuttle (75156) which I got some years back in impecable second hand condition. 




I really like this set for a number of reasons.  Firstly you get a whole host of unique minifigs, including the only known version of K-2SO (back to the buildable figs, the K-2SO was one of the very few that I actually really liked, probably because he looks pretty much like he's built from those arm and leg pieces anyway!). Secondly, it's a unique set - apart from a microfighter version.

Thirdly, I love the way that all the panels on the body fit together so perfectly.  Fourthly, I love the unique cockpit canopy which fits so well with everything else.  Fifthly, it's got some good playability features.  Finally, the mechanism for the wings is pretty cool - using a ball joint as a stiffener.  

This one is a solid 9 out of 10 in my book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars M&M Mosaic

Lego Colours

Han Solo on his Tauntaun