Lime Gunships

Most of my week has been spent cleaning and then building a second hand copy of the most recent Republic Gunship - the 2013 75021.  Lots of lime and dark red!


The historical records show that Lego has released three full-sized gunships and I now have this one and also the 2008 7676, but not the original 2002 version (7163) which must have been an awesome set at the time.  On that release schedule, Lego is well overdue another release of this ship but, to be honest, I think they're going to struggle to better these.

Both the 2008 and 2013 versions weigh in at over 1000 bricks and share a distinct design heritage with very similar overall sizes, side panels, wings and thrusters.  This one seems slightly fatter at the base and the cockpit area is more streamlined - in fact, I love the snug fit for the minifigs underneath the control panels in this set.  This one swaps fully closing sides for two moveable gunports that have a really nice seat design too - a definite upgrade on the older version.  

You get 7 minifigs with this set, though most are unremarkable.  My niece will like Padme but the Anakin minifig is by far the weirdest I've ever seen. 

The build was also fun with plenty of variability.  The copy I purchased was missing the instructions which probably saved me £50 but after a good clean, it's come out very nicely.  I'm overall quite happy and would rate this 8 out of 10.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars M&M Mosaic

Lego Colours

Han Solo on his Tauntaun