Surfer lifestyle in Lego

Today's build was the Creator VW Camper Van (10220).  Some years ago, I went to my industry's annual conference and kept up my streak of winning prizes from the exhibitor stands but my prize was a drone which I immediately sold in ebay for £200 and used the proceeds to buy what I really wanted - the Lego camper van.


 I love the amount of detail on this set which is incredibly well put together.  Almost all of the internal structure is there in little bricks including an engine in the rear, folding seats and table, a wardrobe, opening front windows and rear boot and a sun roof that lifts up. And things like the little lava lamp are very nice touches.


This is only the second time I've made this up and it was a joy to see it all coming together.  I only have one quibble which is that the front wheels don't have any steering to them - I would have thought that they could have managed this.

A few weeks back, I also built up one of the two free copies of the "vintage car" (40448) that I got around Christmas (the other is going to my 7-yr old neice who loves her Lego... no influence from me there, then!).  



This is another really nice little build with some clever use of bricks to make up the detail.  

Back to Star Wars tomorrow...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars M&M Mosaic

Lego Colours

Han Solo on his Tauntaun