More X-wing

Another day, another X-wing... today was the Resistance X-wing from 2016 (75149).  

The build felt very much like deja vu from Saturday... the dimensions are exactly the same as those from the 2020 X-wing and they share quite a bit of the structure.  Key differences are obviously the foils and "air intakes" (I've just looked it up in my Complete Star Wars Vehicles and apparently they are retro thrusters) and the colour scheme but they are really very similar.  

I'd have given this one a 4 for being higly derivative of the black Poe X-wing but I'm going to upgrade to a 5 on the grounds that I like the sand blue detailing.  Oh and the foil opening mechanism is better than the 2020 version. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars M&M Mosaic

Lego Colours

Han Solo on his Tauntaun