Jabba's palace

Today's Ebay delivery yielded not one but three more sets, getting me somewhat closer to completion on my goal to have all Lego Star Wars.  My spreadsheet tells me that - right now - I only have 29 sets left to obtain.  One of the Ebay sets is a brand new one so that went into the stack of sets to do at a later date; one was so hideously dusty that I couldn't face it... especially as I already knew that there were some missing pieces and I couldn't face finding more after checking through the copy of 4502 that arrived late last week, only to find that someone was even more colour-blind than me and couldn't tell their old and new Lego colours apart.

So, I got the third one out, which is a near mint and very clean version of Jabba's palace (9516).  It's always pleasing when sets arrive in this condition and so with a minimum of cleaning as I went, it was rapidly deconstructed (it came in sections) and rebuilt.

While it comes in at quite a size, this set has remarkably few pieces, as it is constructed from bricks and large slopes on the whole.  This makes quite a difference to the average Star Wars Lego build, which is all starship wings and fins.  As a result, while quick (under an hour) the build was fun and the set packs a lot of play features.  The minifigs are also pretty cool - I'm not sure I'm aware of any other version of the Boushh bounty hunter and I believe the Oola and Salacious B Crumb minifigs are also unique.  

Despite the fact that it wasn't cheap, I'm therefore overall quite pleased with this set.


I suspect work is going to get the better of me again over the next few days (have to earn the money to pay for the Lego habit somehow!) so won't be doing much more building until the weekend.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars M&M Mosaic

Lego Colours

Han Solo on his Tauntaun