Jabba's lower parts

Well, specifically, the lower part of his palace - the Rancor pit (75005).  Another ebay purchase, interestingly from the same source I got the upper part of the palace from.  I mentioned how good the condition of the main palace was and the rancor pit was pretty much the same.  I can tell that someone had already given it a good clean - probably with a toothbrush, though as there were some very faint scratches on the bricks.  I now use a cloth to do all my brick-cleaning to avoid this.

So, this is a relatively simple set, with 381 parts, though it does pack in some playability.  The big gate comes crashing down to spear the rancor, there are some hidden caches (one behind a pillar, one in the floor) and the rancor minifig is pretty articulated.  Nowadays, though, you're pretty much buying this for the minifigs... and I passed up on several auctions because the minifigs were missing or incomplete.  

I also did something new and submitted Luke and Malakili to the Rebrickable photo database (follow the link above and you'll find my photos!).  

Here's the set in full size...

... and here it is with the palace stuck on top:

I'm not quite sure that the tower is supposed to remain attached but it keeps it all out of the way!  I may also have it back to front...

Overall, the rancor pit wasn't my favourite set... probably only a 6 out of 10 but the combo with Jabba's palace improves it. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars M&M Mosaic

Lego Colours

Han Solo on his Tauntaun