UCS Millennium Falcon 10179

So, it's done - 10179 is complete and installed in its home in the Lego cupboard.  

Here it is in all its glory:

Sadly, this isn't an original - rather it's my rebuild.  I've managed to get mostly the right parts (including recently getting the ladders for the rear) but there are a number of substitutions, most of which are either cosmetic (the 75535 pin connector replaced with 62462 and some of the 6.6l bars replaced with 6l ones) or colours (inside you'll find some of the hinge bricks are the wrong colour).  I also have a genuine 10x10 radar dish but it's a custom sticker rather than a print.  

However, it still looks awesome.  The level of detail is quite distinct from the later version - this one has much more going on in the back quarter whereas the more recent 75192 has, in my view, a more consistent level throughout. When I got 75192, I loved it but was vaguely disappointed that most of the superstructure is near identical to the original 2007 version.  Which just goes to show how amazing this set was and is. 

It is a beast to build, though!

Here's a photo of 75192 for comparison:

I've also spent some time tidying up the Lego cave now all the bricks for the three UCS sets I've just built are out of the boxes.  As I'm now getting close to having everything built, some of the storage boxes (larger plates in particular) are getting quite empty!

Having said that, I think it's still going to take me until July to get every set I own built... the only saving grace of lockdown!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars M&M Mosaic

Lego Colours

Han Solo on his Tauntaun