Big B-wing

Today's build is possibly the set that started me off as a proper collector again.  Shortly after I rebuilt the 2007 UCS Falcon, I got a silly idea to start collecting the rest of the UCS sets.  The B-Wing (10227) had literally just been withdrawn by Lego and I got a brand new copy off Ebay for RRP+postage, which was a pretty good deal.  

I rebuilt this a few years ago so this makes the third time I've built it up and it never fails to impress.  I've got all of the minifig-sized playsets and these vary in the level of detail but, like all of the best UCS sets, this one goes to the next level.  For one thing, it's absolutely enormous - it's 66cm (26in) long.  As always, the level of detailing is high and there are some unusual parts in there.  

I spread the build over two nights, though a long single session would have finished it.  There's quite a bit of symmetrical repetition in the build but somehow I didn't mind it too much.  There were occasional greebles to throw you off too.  This one is another 10/10 from me...







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars M&M Mosaic

Lego Colours

Han Solo on his Tauntaun